Within this tutorial we are going to make an LED blink on and off using EduBlocks and a Raspberry Pi.
Equipment You Will Need
- 1 x LED
- 2 x male to female jumper wires
- 1 x breadboard
- 1 x 330 ohm resistor
- Raspberry Pi
- SD Card with Raspbian installed
- HDMI cable
- Compatible Screen
- Power Supply
Lets build the circuit. Make sure you have your LED the right way round. The positive leg is the longer leg on the LED, this is represented by the bent leg in the diagram below:
The fist thing we need to do is open EduBlocks. do this by double clicking on the desktop icon.(if you don’t have EduBlocks installed check out the getting started guide)
- Click on the and click on the Then locate the and drag it to the coding area.
- Now Click on the menu. Then click on the From here locate the and in the bit that is says pin type 18.
- Next locate the and click on the arrow next to on and click on
Your code should now look like this:
Running Your Code
To run your code click on in the top far right corner.
You should now see your LED turn on.